Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SebastianStan
Regular Visitor

Split values for source Tables with no relationship

Dear Community,

I am writing cause I got stuck on an issue for days. I have two source tables that look like this:

Table 1: Date, Customer 1, Sales

Table 2: Customer 2, Area, County, City

"Customer 1" is a place where I deliver my merchandise (a deposit)

"Customer 2" represents all points of sales or stores for "Customer 1", where he splits the merchandise to sell it

What I want to do is to show in a Table visual the next columns: Customer, Area, County and filter them by Month. The values in the visual should be:

-"number of stores"

-"sales" 

Here I got stuck, I have no relationship between the two tables and I wanna split the sales in table 1 like Sales/Number of stores(that gets me the "average sales per store" which is the same result for every store), but I do not know how to do this and filter them to show me the sales in the Month filtered on every area or county, based on "average sales per store" * "number of stores" in that Area.

I don't know if everything is clear but let me know if you need further details.

Thnak you so much for your support!

1 REPLY 1
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SebastianStan ,

Can you describe in detail exactly what your table looks like?

You said: "Customer 2" represents all points of sales or stores for "Customer 1", where he splits the merchandise to sell it, so how are they related to each other?

Sorry for that the information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please share more details to help us clarify your scenario?

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors