Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Itzarthi
Helper I
Helper I

Split tables in different rows

Hey Guys,

I have three different tables:

Table 1: Fil

Fil #Fil

Kapelle

Berk

Table 2: Win

Fil #Win
21010-10-2020
21112-10-2020

Table 3: CP

Fil #CP
21020-10-2020
21123-10-2020

I want to show this in one table as, so I can show one table with a filter on Win/CP:

Fil #FilDateWin/Cp
210Kapelle10-10-2020Win
210Kapelle20-10-2020CP
211Berk12-10-2020Win
211Berk23-10-2020CP

How can I combine these?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

@Itzarthi 

It looks like I forgot to upload the file earlier. Check it out. It is working based on your sample tables. Have a look and see what you might be doing differently on the real data. Otherwise share a file with the real data (or a dummy that reproduces the issue).

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AlB
Super User
Super User

@Itzarthi 

It looks like I forgot to upload the file earlier. Check it out. It is working based on your sample tables. Have a look and see what you might be doing differently on the real data. Otherwise share a file with the real data (or a dummy that reproduces the issue).

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Itzarthi
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @AlB!

It is not working correctly, at unpivoted it shows everything and not only CP/Win.

Itzarthi_0-1605015693198.png

And it gives an error at the end:

Itzarthi_1-1605015913018.png

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Itzarthi 

You can do this best in PQ. Place the following M code in a blank query to see the steps. See it all at work in the attached file. 

let
    Source = Table.NestedJoin(Fil, {"Fil #"}, CP, {"Fil #"}, "CP", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(Source, {"Fil #"}, Win, {"Fil #"}, "Win", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded CP" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "CP", {"CP"}, {"CP"}),
    #"Expanded Win" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Expanded CP", "Win", {"Win"}, {"Win"}),
    #"Unpivoted Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Expanded Win", {"Fil #", "Fil"}, "Win/CP", "Date"),
    #"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Unpivoted Columns",{"Fil #", "Fil", "Date", "Win/CP"}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Reordered Columns",{{"Fil #", Order.Ascending}, {"Date", Order.Ascending}})
in
    #"Sorted Rows"

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.