Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mornagli
Helper III
Helper III

Split columns of tables to several new tables

Hi, i have data source that return to me several tables in one column, each time the number of the tables can change as in the photo:

Mornagli_0-1641411461754.png

Can i make some function that dynamically will open each table to new table(e.g if i got an column with three tables => i want three different tables separately).

Can it be done ?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
RSD
Helper II
Helper II

Sir, Could you please elaborate on the same topic, I have same requirement

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mornagli 

You can use Table.Combine function to expand all columns dynamically . For details, please refer to the link below.

https://www.goodly.co.in/expand-all-columns-dynamically-power-query/

Best Regard

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-yetao1-msft thank you, but i need command that will create from each cell of table in the column an saprade table, with Table.Combine all the data will be in the same table.

Is there similar proccess as in the link that you recomended that will get me for each cell with table - new table ?

Thank you.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Mornagli , There is an expand button on the right of the column name, have you tried that ?

same way I expanded a json table 

How to import JSON Data: https://youtu.be/MPYfEetvFH4

HI @amitchandak , I need solution that can be dynamically without any manual clicking by me, maybe some function or code in the Advenced editor...
Because that the amount of tables can change each refresh, i need to create some proccess that wil work dynamically.

But  i cant find a way to create new table from specific cell with Mquery or with function, In order to active function on specific column, the MPBI require me to make it with the 'Add Column' and i need instead, that each value that return from the function --> will be new separate table...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.