Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

strikw
Helper I
Helper I

Split columns in data extraction using fixed width ???

Hello

I need to import a document and separate it into columns by a certain number of characters, you have to do this in the Split option, however I have to do one by one, have any way to do this for several different sizes?

Example: Split table in 2 characters, after what is left of the Splip table in the 5 character, then in 10, then in 20 ...

In the excell I know that has this function of separator by fixed limit, if someone knows how to do in BI help me.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@strikw

This can be accomplished in Power Query. When using the Table.SplitColumn function, for the argument called 'splitter', you can pass this other function which accepts a list of lengths

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@strikw

This can be accomplished in Power Query. When using the Table.SplitColumn function, for the argument called 'splitter', you can pass this other function which accepts a list of lengths

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.