Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjohnsonsmi
Frequent Visitor

Split a matrix table by value label

Hello all,

I have a matrix table comparing product categories and the year they were sold. Year is column, category is row.

My values are total units sold as a # and another showing that percent that # is of the grand total for each category.

By default, it's showing the # and % as a sub column under the year column. However I want to arrange it so all # are together on one side and all % is on the other. Screenshot example attached.

The # are straight out of my database and the % is a calculated measure if that makes a difference. 

Example matrix table with what I have vs what I'm trying to do

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @mjohnsonsmi,

don't know how you have your model setup and if this two values are measures or columns.

If they are column one option is to unpivot them and then use the attribute column to make the split.

Another way is to follow this link that make use of measures to have it on the rows, however you can adapt it and use it for puting value in columns of the matrix.

As you can see below you ave the same result.

matrix.png

In attach find PBIX file, UNPIVOT is a single table for the first image, the other two MEASURE_COLUMNS are used for the second result.

Two ways same result, hope it helps you get some ideas of how to fix your issue.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @mjohnsonsmi,

don't know how you have your model setup and if this two values are measures or columns.

If they are column one option is to unpivot them and then use the attribute column to make the split.

Another way is to follow this link that make use of measures to have it on the rows, however you can adapt it and use it for puting value in columns of the matrix.

As you can see below you ave the same result.

matrix.png

In attach find PBIX file, UNPIVOT is a single table for the first image, the other two MEASURE_COLUMNS are used for the second result.

Two ways same result, hope it helps you get some ideas of how to fix your issue.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hello Felix,

That did it! A bizzare workaround if ever I saw one but I can't argue with results. I ended up doing using the first method you described. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.