Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elz
Advocate II
Advocate II

Splash screen change

Hello,

I noticed that when I installed the June update (2.36.4434.381 32-bit 32 bit version), that the disable the splash screen option on the splash screen has been removed. 

I'm curious to know if anyone else has this problem on either the 32 or 64 bit version and if so if there a work around.
I looked on the Options dialog box, but did not see an option to disable the splash screen.

Thank you
Tracy

19 REPLIES 19
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elz,

I have installed a new Power BI Desktop (2.36.4434.381 32-bit 32 bit version), when I run the Power BI Desktop, the option "Show this page on startup" is checked by default if I already signed in with my Power BI service account. And we can uncheck this option to make this page never display when we open Power BI Desktop. If we want to get this page back, we can click the Getting Started option.

a2.PNGa1 - Copy.PNG

q6.PNG

Besides, based on my test, both 32-bit and 64-bit Power BI Desktop 2.36.4434.381 versions contain the Getting Started page and have option "Show this page on startup" when we first run the Power BI Desktop after we install it.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi Qiuyun,
i do not have a power bi service account. i don't understand why this wasn't an issue in the prior version, but is in this version? it seems that the option is removed for those that don't have a log on account

Hi @elz,

You can sign up a power BI free account, then sign in the account in Power BI Desktop to see "Show this page on startup" option in current Power BI Desktop version. Please refer to this article: Self-service sign up for Power BI.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi qiuyun,
the last time i checked, the power bi.com account required a business email address.
tracy

Hi Qiuyun,

Currently, I do not have a need for a power bi account.
Are you saying that there are functionality differences in power bi desktop, depending on whether or not you have a power bi account? Please advise.
Thank you
Tracy

There shouldn't. Do you have a screenshot of your splash screen?

Kris

Hello,

Below is a screen shot of my splash screen.

error-splashscreen.jpg

Hi @elz,

As I always update the desktop to the latest version, I'm not able to check whether we can see "Show this page on startup" in previous version if we don't sign in. But the thing what I can make sure is we need to sign in the Power BI then the "Show this page on startup" option will be available in current Power BI desktop.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Just for everyone's sake, my machine is running a previous version of PowerBI and I'm not signed in but still shows the option.

SplashPBI.PNG

Kris

hi kris,
thank you for posting this screen shot, showing the option is/was there, even when you are not logged in. maybe now, people will understand that i am telling the truth. it's not like i could make this up.

thanks again
tracy

I think the "Show this page on startup" check box appears when you sign in and doesn't show that screen soon after but when you sign out if starts showing thr splash screen again. 

I am trying to see if there are options to disable the "Sign In" splash screen?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the opposite direction...how do I get that spash screen back! ?

The reason I like that back because once you are inside Power BI desktop version...I can't open an existing report already created earlier, if anyone knows a way please let me know

thanks

TT

To get the splash screen back again, click on File -> Get Started. It will open the splash screen and you can select the checkbox to show on startup.

PBISplash.png

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

Anonymous
Not applicable

ah...got it..adn it works!

Thanks

TT

Hi Kris
Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version?
I am using the 32 bit version. When I had the option, I believe I was using the May update.

Tracy

Tracy,

Looks like it will require you to sign in for that option to pop up. See screenshots below.

No Sign InNo Sign InAfter Sign InAfter Sign In

Kris

Tracy,

I'm using 64-bit version.

Kris
SamLester
Employee
Employee

Hi Tracy, you should see the "Show this page on startup" checkbox if you are signed in. See the screenshot below. 

SplashScreen.PNG

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

hi sam,
the option was there in the previous version, but not the version i listed in my original post. there is an option to log in, but i don't have/need the version that requires a login account.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.