Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tmears
Helper III
Helper III

Spilter/Filter

I wonder if i could pick people brains/skills.  I need to produce a report which i intend to enmbed in a public facing website.  What i am trying to achieve is for users to be able to input a figure which will return results based on calcuations.  the problem i have is that the range of the input is vast ie between 50,000 to 2,000,00 in 5,000 increments.  i thought of using a slider however as you all know this is a greater or less than option, a drop down would produce a massive list which i think is unusable etc etc

Has anyone overcome this problem or have any suggestions.  Any help would be really appriciated 

I hope i have explained myself for you all to understand.

tim 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @tmears,

You should use the Parameter table. This will create you a table with an incremental value you want and adding it on a slicer will allow you to make the calculation since the measure is created with the table:

Increment.gif

As you can see the New table is created using a formula GENERATESERIES and where you can tweek you parameters if you want to change them in the future.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @tmears,

You should use the Parameter table. This will create you a table with an incremental value you want and adding it on a slicer will allow you to make the calculation since the measure is created with the table:

Increment.gif

As you can see the New table is created using a formula GENERATESERIES and where you can tweek you parameters if you want to change them in the future.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

thanks @MFelix i will test later but this looks perfect

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.