Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arklur
Resolver II
Resolver II

Specifying thousand separator when using SSAS

Not really sure if my question is more about PBI or SSAS, but it seems it might be rather PBI related, see below.

My problem is that I don't know how to specify the thousand separator, which character should be used for it --> https://i.imgur.com/19nzW8p.png. As you can see, in VS and Excel it uses the "correct" one (well...in the end I will use space, but for demo purpose / trying to figure this out, I decided to change it and see...where can I change it), dots, but in PBI it still shows spaces and not dots what I specified on my PC --> https://i.imgur.com/KNGnFkS.png. The SSAS is installed on my PC, so I'm connecting to the localhost.

Since I'm connecting to an SSAS model with Live Connection, most of the changes are not available, e.g. "Regional Settings" --> https://i.imgur.com/LNCsWXs.png, so that's a dead end.

So...where and how should I change the thousand separator character? Or maybe it's a bug and I should report it? (I'm using the 2018 August Report Server version of the desktop app).

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Arklur ,

I'm afraid whole number, decimal number and fixed decimal number don't have the format which can meet your requirement. So, as a workaround, you may change the type of column value to text type using DAX function FORMAT(<value>, <format_string>).

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Arklur ,

This issue is caused by power bi can't recoginize the comma you added in the number. You can change the number in data source or in SSAS using SSDT and check if this issue persists.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I think there is a misunderstanding here, there is no comma in the number. The number is just a measure (Data Type = Decimal Number), which returns (in this case) "10000". This should be represented as "10.000" and not "10 000".

@Arklur ,

I'm afraid whole number, decimal number and fixed decimal number don't have the format which can meet your requirement. So, as a workaround, you may change the type of column value to text type using DAX function FORMAT(<value>, <format_string>).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.