Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TonyMorning
Frequent Visitor

Specify interaction between several matrix in the same page

Hi all, 

I am having 4 matrices in my page, namely matrix A1 (group), A2 (people), B1 (group), B2 (people). 

Whenever the user click on one row in matrix A1 to select a group , in will filter to Matrix A2 to give details information of people on that group. The same for the 2 matrices of B1 and B2. 

I have edited interaction such that A1 only interact with A2, and B1 only with B2. 

However, when I select a group in B1, Power BI release the selection in A1-A2 to no selection and vice versa. what I want is the user to see details of 2 different group from A1 and B1 through A2 and B2 at the same time. 

Since matrix contains several columns, turning it into slicer is not an option. 

Is there any body could give my an advise for this? 

Your help is much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @TonyMorning ,

The interactions between visualizations is possible using the  CTRL + Left mouse, so if you select a line on one matrix and them the CTRL on another matrix the values will be filtered accordingly.

On the user experience you need probably to add a tip on your report saying that if the user want to filter both visualizations it needs to use the CTLR.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @TonyMorning ,

The interactions between visualizations is possible using the  CTRL + Left mouse, so if you select a line on one matrix and them the CTRL on another matrix the values will be filtered accordingly.

On the user experience you need probably to add a tip on your report saying that if the user want to filter both visualizations it needs to use the CTLR.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Thank you so much!! It works!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.