Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

glocea

Spark datasource ODBC: ERROR [HY000]

Hello,

One of my report datasource is Spark, since Yesterday, I can not refresh anymore my dataset : 

DataSource.Error : ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Hardy] (100) The host and port specified for the connection do not seem to belong to a Spark server. Please check your configuration.
Détails :
DataSourceKind=Spark
DataSourcePath=https://westeurope.azuredatabricks.net:443/sql/protocolv1/o/20************02/1028-******-e*******
OdbcErrors=[Table]

I erased authentication in datasource settings (Edit Query -> Datasource settings -> Authentication informations -> Delete)

I generated a new token, just in case, in my databricks server and used it as I tried to refresh again but same error keeps showing.

My Power BI Desktop update to version Version : 2.78.5740.721 64-bit yesterday.

I can not figure what this error is caused by, does anyone encoutered it ?

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
ProdManagerInCL
Frequent Visitor

Was able to get to the bottom of this error.  Turns out the Databricks Runtime Version of my cluster was no longer supported.  Once  I used a cluster with a newer Runtime Version I no longer had this issue.  

ProdManagerInCL
Frequent Visitor

In reviewing the databricks Runtime Maintenance Updates page there is an interesting note related to the Feb 18th 2020 release.  I'm not a developer (work on the product side), but the timing seems suspicious.  

https://docs.databricks.com/release-notes/runtime/maintenance-updates.html

Feb 18, 2020

• Credential passthrough with ADLS Gen2 has a performance degradation due to incorrect thread local handling when ADLS client prefetching is enabled. This release disables ADLS Gen2 prefetching when credential passthrough is enabled until we have a proper fix.

ProdManagerInCL
Frequent Visitor

The proposed solution did not work (review configurations, use earlier version), as the issue still persists.  Any other guidance would be much appreciated.  

ProdManagerInCL
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue with a connection that worked as recently as 2/18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting the same issue since last Wednesday.

New cluster and new token didn't help at all. Even updating the PBI Desktop to earlier version didn't help.

v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @glocea ,

Please check if the credentials are correct? For example, server address, port and password, etc.

If this error occurred after you installed the new version, you can re-install the old version to check whether it works.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

@v-eachen-msft  Previous version installation did not change anything : I still have no solution for this probleme

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.