Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bparkes2121

Source has + symbol I can't pull through

Hi Guys,

My source data that I'm referring to has two columns, a numerical value and a symbol. Numerical value for calculations and symbol for presentation. The problem is Power BI does not seem to be reading the '+' symbol from the data.

Data Snap Shot.PNG

P BI Snap Shot.PNG

As you can see from the pink source data, 2.67 should be a 2+, not 2. I have changed the columns to text colums in BI and refreshed the data, still no joy.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
ntaylo06
Resolver II
Resolver II

What are the steps in your query? In the advanced editor is there a "Change Type" step that is converting the column to a number? If so, that would probably strip the "+" and a later conversion back to text wouldn't add the "+" back.

Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Did you change them to text columns in the report editor or the Query Editor?

If you changed them in the report editor, but your query is already changing them to numerical values, you've already lost the + in the data.  You need to go set the data type in the Edit Queries window.

If you changed the import type in the Query Editor, can you share the Power Query expression from the Advanced Editor?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.