Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vkomarag
Helper III
Helper III

Source Structure change in Power BI Desktop

Hi All,

I have implemented reports on Desktop last year and this year,there were more columns got added to the source(.xlsx).Now when I am trying to refresh the source,new columns are not identified and throwing errors. I see this kind of error last year as well. Is there any update happened or any alternative to overcome this problem.

Appreciate your help,

KVB

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vkomarag,

Could you please tell me if you get the solution?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vkomarag,

Are there any columns that are deleted at the same time? I think it's the deleted columns cause this error. Please check it out in the Query Editor. If there are some steps related to the deleted columns exist, please handle them first.

Source_Structure_change_in_Power_BI_Desktop

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@vkomarag,

What errors are you getting?

Whatever the new columns in the new file, those columns wasnt found. That's the error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

1.Are doing the refresh in Query Editor ?

2. Do you see the new columns in Query editor or there itself the new columns are not coming?

3. If you are not seeing in Query Editor itself then try to create another Query based on your source to see you are getting the extra columns in your new query.

4. Try clicking the "Source" Settings ( you can see this in applied steps) and make sure you are pointing to the updated source where you have the new columsn as well.

Thanks

Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.