Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Source Disappears After Refresh Despite Query Editor Recognizing Content

Hi, Hoping to receive some help - apologies if I'm missing something obvious!

I've been doing a weekly refresh of 9 sources into a Power BI Desktop model for a few months now and haven't had an issue. That is, the table and its relationships are visible when I'm looking at the Model view; the data from the source displays in all visualizations (charts, tables); etc. 

However, when I went to refresh the data this morning, the refresh completely removes 1 of the 9 tables from my model. That is, the table "disappears" from the Model view; and all of the visualizations now render errors, saying that the data doesn't exist. 

The table which "disappeared" was a .csv file. (I have a total of 7 .csv files, 1 .xlsx, and Google Analytics as sources to the model.)

Within the Query Editor, the source query is present along with all of its new content (though the name of the query is now in italics). The headers, type, etc, have not changed within this source, and the applied steps have remained the same as they always have.

I also want to note that yesterday afternoon I updated my Power BI Desktop to the latest release, and am not sure if that's had any impact on what's happening today.

Any ideas on how to get this source to not disappear after a refresh?

Please let me know if I can provide additional clarification, and thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - Thank you for your quick reply! Unfortunately, the thread didn't provide the solution I need. All columns have the correct type, and I haven't added any additional columns to the source. I also do not receive any errors about columns, I just hit "refresh" and my table disappears from my model.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.