Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JQuon
Helper I
Helper I

Source Data Columns Expanding

The source data of my  Power BI reports comes from 2 separate access tables and is setup so it can be easily refreshed.  I've added 4 columns to table 1 in Power BI (DAX formula driven) that is required for my reporting. 

If the source data of table 1 expands 2 columns, will Power BI just shift columns I added to make room for the new columns in the source data? Or will it put the extra source data columns after the columns I added in PowerBI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @JQuon

I have made a test based on your description, It seems that the two columns  you added in source data will be put after the calculated column you creaed in Power BI.

Capture.PNG

If you need further help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @JQuon

I have made a test based on your description, It seems that the two columns  you added in source data will be put after the calculated column you creaed in Power BI.

Capture.PNG

If you need further help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I appreciate you running the test.  I ran a test as well, but received different results and it's possible it's because of my data settings.  For some reason the table only refreshes with the columns that were initially imported and anything added to the source data does not show up.

I previously changed my data settings because I would recieve error messages while trying to refresh my tables from the Access database.  I'll with a fresh file.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.