Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

maximus12
Frequent Visitor

Sorting woes

So, i've got a report set up with a DirectQuery source from Azure SQL server.

Report is simple with a couple slicers and a table visual.  It all works great EXCEPT for the sort order.

On the query screen I see the one table and my columns, and choose the three columns I want to sort by...  (sort1,2,3).

The data looks great on the query screen.  (you can even see the little 1,2,3 icons on each column I'm sorting by)

When I apply and go back to the report, the table visual doesn't display in the right order!

Why does that visual feel the need to re-sort the data it's own way.  I've de-selected all the sorting on the visual and yet it still doesn't return the data in the "natural" order provided by the query.

Very very frustrating!  Any help?

1 REPLY 1
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I note that you state that you've deselected sorting in the visual and it won't return to the record set's sorting.

If it is not too much effort - create a new visual - and since you haven't set any visual sorting, see if it uses the record set sorting.

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.