Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorting week numbers in Chart in a different order

Greetings.  I am trying to display clicks and engagement rate of a DRIP campaign sent to customers on a specific weeks. I have linked a sample file with test data.  In this chart I would want to show all the weeks the emails were sent (not showing gaps) along with the click and engagement rate.  I switched to  categorical view and I have achieved most of this except I cannot sort the weeks to start with week # 1.  My questions are:

1) How do I sort weeks in ascending order? I have tried sorting at the data layer and also clicking on the elipse and choosing "sort by week email sent" but no luck

2) Can I control the thickness of the display bars? 

3) I noticed that there are dual axis for Y.  This is great, but how do I turn that on and off?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Here is the link to the file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/wykantoalhfmb0p/email%20weeks.pbix?dl=0

weekly email.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

Regarding all this options they are available in different parts of the visual:

1) Choose the 3 dots on top of the visual and then Sort By Week mail sent - Ascending

sorting.png

2) On x-axis go to the Inner padding option and select the % you want for the spaces between columns

innerpading.png

3) On the option on select Y-Axis then search for secondary Y axis and turn it on or off and confirgure the other options also

secxond.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous,

On the July version you need also to click on the 3 dots but them select the e-mail week, then click on the A-Z on the left side and you will get the same result of my image. 

The image below was taken from micrsoft documentation and has the old visualizaiton sorting.

sortby.gif

The latest version as a lot of changes so you can upgrade.

regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

Regarding all this options they are available in different parts of the visual:

1) Choose the 3 dots on top of the visual and then Sort By Week mail sent - Ascending

sorting.png

2) On x-axis go to the Inner padding option and select the % you want for the spaces between columns

innerpading.png

3) On the option on select Y-Axis then search for secondary Y axis and turn it on or off and confirgure the other options also

secxond.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix

Thank you for your timely response.  I was able to replicate #2 and # 3.  However, my options under the ... menu are not similar to what you are showing.  I am using Power BI July 2018 version, not sure if that makes a difference.  Any suggestions other than updating the desktop to the current version?

sort by options.JPG

Hi @Anonymous,

On the July version you need also to click on the 3 dots but them select the e-mail week, then click on the A-Z on the left side and you will get the same result of my image. 

The image below was taken from micrsoft documentation and has the old visualizaiton sorting.

sortby.gif

The latest version as a lot of changes so you can upgrade.

regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Uggh.. how did I miss that. I literally had to click on the left portion of the selection and that did the trick.  Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.