Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vishnuprashanth
Helper III
Helper III

Sorting the Column Series by date order in Line and Stacked Column chart

I have created a Line and stacked column chart for each week. 

Since the values are grouped by date in the week, the values are not shown in a proper order of date.

How can I sort it, so that, it is displayed in the increasing order of date? 

Attached screenshot with an explanation. How can I sort the column series with respect to date? 

need to sort the column series/legend value in the increasing order of dateneed to sort the column series/legend value in the increasing order of date

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@vishnuprashanth,

I am not clear about your requirement. In the specific day 1/14/2018, how would you sort the column values by different dates orders? 

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

It is not for a specific date.

It is for a week. 1/14/2018 indicates the start of the week and 56 indicates the week number from my calendar. 
I want to sort my stacked chart in the increasing order of dates of that week, from 1/15/2018 to 1/20/2018.

Hope it is clear for you now and you could suggest me a solution for this problem.

Regards,
Vishnu

@vishnuprashanth,

The columns in  the chart display different vaues of legend categories in specific week(56), and the Y scale is generated based on these numerical values, I don't think that yuo can sort these values in date order and dispaly the order in Y scale.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, @v-yuezhe-msft.  Even I was thinking that it would not be possible to do this. I can sort it in a specific order by giving the categories a ranking value, but not sort it with respect to dates. 

Thanks for the clarification Lydia. 

Regards,
Vishnu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.