Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JimB-GA
Helper III
Helper III

Sorting month names

Good morning all,

I have created a calendar table using a date dimension.  Month names sort alpha.  I cannot find the modeling tab when I look at the table.  Can anyone give me a suggestion?  Thanks.

let
    StartDate = #date(StartYear,1,1),
    EndDate = #date(EndYear,12,31),
    NumberOfDays = Duration.Days( EndDate - StartDate ),
    Dates = List.Dates(StartDate, NumberOfDays+1, #duration(1,0,0,0)),
    #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(Dates, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Converted to Table",{{"Column1", "FullDateAlternateKey"}}),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Renamed Columns",{{"FullDateAlternateKey", type date}}),
    #"Inserted Year" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Year", each Date.Year([FullDateAlternateKey]), type number),
    #"Inserted Month" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Year", "Month", each Date.Month([FullDateAlternateKey]), type number),
    #"Inserted Month Name" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Month", "Month Name", each Date.MonthName([FullDateAlternateKey]), type text),
    #"Inserted Quarter" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Month Name", "Quarter", each Date.QuarterOfYear([FullDateAlternateKey]), type number),
    #"Inserted Week of Year" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Quarter", "Week of Year", each Date.WeekOfYear([FullDateAlternateKey]), type number),
    #"Inserted Week of Month" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Week of Year", "Week of Month", each Date.WeekOfMonth([FullDateAlternateKey]), type number),
    #"Inserted Day" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Week of Month", "Day", each Date.Day([FullDateAlternateKey]), type number),
    #"Inserted Day of Week" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Day", "Day of Week", each Date.DayOfWeek([FullDateAlternateKey]), type number),
    #"Inserted Day of Year" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Day of Week", "Day of Year", each Date.DayOfYear([FullDateAlternateKey]), type number),
    #"Inserted Day Name" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Day of Year", "Day Name", each Date.DayOfWeekName([FullDateAlternateKey]), type text)
in
    #"Inserted Day Name"

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JimB-GA ,

Not very clear. Are you saying this Modeling tab?

3.PNG

If so, you will need to select Report which is "2" in the screenshot above then you could see the Modeling tab.

Best Regards,

jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

What is it you are trying to do? Set it so that the MonthName is sorted correctly by the Month Number? That would be done on the Columns Tools menu, which is only available from the Reports section (left side) and then you have to select a column.

IMHO, this should be available regarless of where you are. It should come up if you click on a column in any table in either the Relationships pane or Data pane.

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.