Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Sorting from most recent to least recent

I am trying to show the most recent comments on the top of the visual.  When I sort by column - I get error message below.  Please see the 30 day tab on BI file.  I have tried also adding index column and that doesn't work.  It seems it is related to repeating values such as N/A.   I am trying to correct visual that shows "additional support needed" on the 30 day page. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ava_12t7CNJtkEcQHD-Ralk-Qgjf?e=tXy0lr 

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcastr02 ,

Please insert an index column in the table '30 Day - Addtional Support Needed' in power query and make the column 'What can we do to provide additional support to improve your experience?' sorted by it.

We can also create a calculated column and add it together with column 'What can we do to provide additional support to improve your experience?' to visual to work around.

index = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'),FILTER('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed','30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'[Start Time]<= EARLIER('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'[Start Time])))

22.PNG

Alternatively, We can use a measure to work it out.

Measure 2 = var maxstarttime = CALCULATE(MAX('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'[Start Time]),ALLSELECTED('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'))
return
CALCULATE(MAX('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'[What can we do to provide additional support to improve your experience?]),FILTER('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed','30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'[Start Time]=maxstarttime))

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hello @v-frfei-msft   when I try to add the measure , visual look like this..

Untitled.png

I can't use the column measure as I don't want to show the index column on the visual.  when i try to shrink it , the word wrap still makes all boxes too big....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.