Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Sorting from most recent to least recent

I am trying to show the most recent comments on the top of the visual.  When I sort by column - I get error message below.  Please see the 30 day tab on BI file.  I have tried also adding index column and that doesn't work.  It seems it is related to repeating values such as N/A.   I am trying to correct visual that shows "additional support needed" on the 30 day page. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ava_12t7CNJtkEcQHD-Ralk-Qgjf?e=tXy0lr 

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcastr02 ,

Please insert an index column in the table '30 Day - Addtional Support Needed' in power query and make the column 'What can we do to provide additional support to improve your experience?' sorted by it.

We can also create a calculated column and add it together with column 'What can we do to provide additional support to improve your experience?' to visual to work around.

index = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'),FILTER('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed','30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'[Start Time]<= EARLIER('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'[Start Time])))

22.PNG

Alternatively, We can use a measure to work it out.

Measure 2 = var maxstarttime = CALCULATE(MAX('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'[Start Time]),ALLSELECTED('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'))
return
CALCULATE(MAX('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'[What can we do to provide additional support to improve your experience?]),FILTER('30 Day - Addtional Support Needed','30 Day - Addtional Support Needed'[Start Time]=maxstarttime))

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hello @v-frfei-msft   when I try to add the measure , visual look like this..

Untitled.png

I can't use the column measure as I don't want to show the index column on the visual.  when i try to shrink it , the word wrap still makes all boxes too big....

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.