cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamesh291183 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sorting by text

I have a Multirow card which shows The no. of  Job Losses and the name of a company. This is set so that the company with the maximum number of job losses within the dataset is shown  (using maximum).

Within the data I have a field which refers to the reason for the job losses, Somewhere on the report page preferably next to the card I wan't to show the reason, but there are also filters which make the card change companies (e.g. Sector, UK Region) and therefore the reason for job losses would change.

In Excel I'd use a lookup, but I can't figure out a way of doing this in PBI, I've tried adding the field to the card, but it doesn't look right as the text needs to be big for the number, but the reason is a full sentence. Please help as I feel like I wasted far to much time trying to do this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Sorting by text

@Jamesh291183 I assume there will be multiple rows for reasons, if yes then table visual is the best approach. Not sure if Card visual is recommended visual for it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Kudos Help Smiley Happy
Connect with me on Linkedin. Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@Jamesh291183 may be you can use a card visual and use that instead of multi-row card and show reason in a table. I;m still fully not clear about the question, so if you can share sample data with expected output, it will help to get the solution.

Jamesh291183 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I have gone down the table route for displaying the Reason, so I guess my question is how can I get the table to only show the Reason relating to the Company in the Card visual and also change when the filters are used and the card changes

Super User
Super User

@Jamesh291183 I assume there will be multiple rows for reasons, if yes then table visual is the best approach. Not sure if Card visual is recommended visual for it.