Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorting by Particular Column in a hierarchy

Hi,

I have this Actual Revenue & Expenses Matrix table.

I want the Hierarchy to be in this Order (Image !), but I want the GL/Source Summary Account Title fiels to be sorted in particular Order.

Image 1.PNGImage 2.PNG

I tried creating a conditional column with GL/Source Account Summary ID & sorted the GL/Source title column by the ID column.

But it doesn't work.

I will really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

is your sort by column of numerical type? it should be numerical

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @Anonymous 

Add an index column for GL/Source Summary Account Title in Edit Queries.

For example:

14.JPG

Then set sort by column

12.JPG13.JPG

Result:

15.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft ,

Thank you for your reply.

I did the same way...but it still doesn't work.

Don't know what I am missing ....

GL 2.PNGGL 3.PNG

GL1.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try sort the column in the database itself, Did you try that ?

seems like you did everything right, but you might probably forgot to do following:

on the visual itself, => choose more options => choose Sorty By => choose GL/Source Summary Account Title.

Below is the example. Once you do it, it should resort it in your desired order.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that too...:(

Thank you @bogomda !!

@Anonymous can you confirm and make sure you sorted your ("GL/Source SUmmary Account Title" by "Account SUmmary Id" in model tab using "sort by column"

Can you send the screen shot if you did it?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k ...Thank you!!

Its solved..I had to set the Gl/Source ID as whole number.

@Anonymous  that make sense. glad to hear. cheers

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

is your sort by column of numerical type? it should be numerical

Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG....You are Awesome!! @bogomda 

It worked!! 🙂 🙂

Thank you so much!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.