Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dstramilov
Helper II
Helper II

Sorting Matrix Table Values

In Matix visual, how can keep "Account Type" sorted not alphabeticly, but based on GL account #?

I tried sorting based on column, but no luck. 

In the example below is Quickbooksonline out of the box model, I just selected "Account Type".

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SamLester
Employee
Employee

You can use the "Sort By Column" functionality to accomplish this. Click on the Data tab, highlight the row, select the Modeling tab, then "Sort By Column". This will allow you to sort by a different column, such as Account Number.

SortMatrix.PNG

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SamLester
Employee
Employee

You can use the "Sort By Column" functionality to accomplish this. Click on the Data tab, highlight the row, select the Modeling tab, then "Sort By Column". This will allow you to sort by a different column, such as Account Number.

SortMatrix.PNG

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

Shouldn't the instructions read " ... Click on the Data tab, highlight the row column ..."?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello!

is there a way to have a 2-step sorting scheme?

I have a table and the first filter has to be on a measure I created, then considering that many of that is 100%, I would like to sort the table according to another variable, which is not a measure.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Regards,

Andrea

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.