Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorting Financial Templates with blank rows

Does anyone know how i can sort my financial template with blanks in the format i like? I've tried to sort the other columns in the order of the index numbers but an error message pops up. Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

As the error message mentions, there's duplicate values in [P&L Items] column for the same value in [Index] column, you should remove the duplicate values in [P&L Items] firstly.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

As the error message mentions, there's duplicate values in [P&L Items] column for the same value in [Index] column, you should remove the duplicate values in [P&L Items] firstly.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous . Sort by column also needs to have the same granularity. Means one on one value. Else it will not work

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak, thanks for your response. 

I have referred to a guide by EnterpriseDNA at this link: https://blog.enterprisedna.co/how-to-allocate-results-to-templates-at-every-single-row-using-power-b...

Do you have any idea why it seems to be able to work for the example shown but not for my model? I have used a similar financial template created in Excel as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.