Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

E__
Helper III
Helper III

Sorting ARCGIS symbols by size

Hi,

I'm making an ARCGIS map showing the top 10 locations for three categories, using a rank-measure. The same location can be in the top 10 of more than one location. However, when plotting this on the map, on some locations the smaller bubbles are showing underneath the larger ones, making it look like there is no top 10 showing for that category. Is it possible to somehow sort the bubbles by size so the smallest one always shows on top of the larger ones?

Thanks,

Best,

Eva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @E__ 

As tested, i can't find anywhere to change the formatting of overlapping.

It seems autonomical by design.

You could edit the symbols to less the "Fill Transparency" so that the bubbles shows more clearly.

Capture1.JPG

You can find more details of Arcgis map.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-powerbi/design/change-the-map-theme.htm

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @E__ 

This size of the bubble is defined by the fields added into "Size" bucket.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-arcgis#create-an-arcgis-map...

Best Regards
Maggie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Maggie,

@v-juanli-msft 

I am aware of that, and was already able to make the bubbles have the related size. However, my question was wether or not I can make sure that the smallest bubble is on top of larger bubbles, instead of underneath it. Some of the locations have multiple bubbles, but in some cases, the smaller bubbles are underneath the largers ones, making them invisible.

Best,

Eva

Hi @E__ 

As tested, i can't find anywhere to change the formatting of overlapping.

It seems autonomical by design.

You could edit the symbols to less the "Fill Transparency" so that the bubbles shows more clearly.

Capture1.JPG

You can find more details of Arcgis map.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-powerbi/design/change-the-map-theme.htm

Best Regards
Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.