Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alaw005

Sort two lists with aligned common values

Hi, I am using PowerBI desktop with a live connection and looking to combine two ordered lists (List 1 and List 2) so that common values are aligned as shown in the combined list below. How do I do this?

List 1 List 2 Combined sorted list 
ordervalueordervalueordervalue
  0X0X
  1Y1Y
0A2A2A
1B3B3B
  4C4C
  5D5D
  6E6E
2F  7F
3H  8H
4I  9I
5J  10J
  7M11M
3 REPLIES 3
affan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @alaw005,

Post some data from your List 1 and List 2, what you have mentioned here is not much clear. If I take the following row from your post as a sample

List 1 List 2 Combined sorted list 
ordervalueordervalueordervalue
1B3B3B

It is not clear how List1 and List2 are related. In the combined list here what have you taken from the List 1? As the value B is already in List 2.

Please state clearly what you need to acheive and also share the actual list sample data

Regards,

Affan

Sorry that not clear. I am after a new sort order so that when each list is sorted the same values have the same sort order. For example value B is order 1 in List 1 and order 3 in list B. I want to sort so B etc has the same position in both lists while retaing the existing order of items. The letters represent the sequence of stops on two different bus routes.

Can you share the pbix file?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.