Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MoKi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sort tooltip in Line Chart

Hello everybody, I have the following problem:

My line chart shows several locations with their revenues. If I move the mouse over the lines, a tooltip appears automatically. How can I set it that it is not sorted alphabetically by location, but by revenue? (The line chart is sorted by months). Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MoKi 

Could you show me screenshots to explain your problem?

I create a line chart as below, it's tooltip is sorted by the location.

1.png2.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @MoKi 

Sorting future in Powerbi, please check this link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column

regards,

Naveen

Dear Naveen, thank you for your answer. But I didn´t ask for sorting the line chart. I want to sort the automatically created tooltip. Is this possible?

Hi @MoKi 

Could you show me screenshots to explain your problem?

I create a line chart as below, it's tooltip is sorted by the location.

1.png2.png

Best Regards
Maggie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png

Thank you for your suggestion. What I wanted as a solution is sorting the tooltip values not by the name of the lines (a b c), but their own values (7 5 3) as you can see in the screenshot. Is it possible? Thank you. 

Hi @MoKi 

As tested, the tooltip is a by design bevaviour. We can not sort it by value.

You could create a custom tooltip page.

in the tooltip page, sort the visual by value.

Capture9.JPG

3.png

Best Regards
Maggie

That's kindof inconvenient. Do you know if there's a ticket open for this to make it so Tooltips can be sorted by values? It looks kindof silly to have them out of order in specific use cases. And doing this manually seems unecessary when it can be done in other BI tools.

You´re right. I do not know if a ticket is open for this issue. And I haven´t found another solution. Best regards.

Thank you very much, Maggie.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.