Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mani1205
Helper II
Helper II

Sort the two disconnected matrix at the same time

Hi Team,

I am not sure if this is possible but would like check this .. I have a two matrix as shown below .. is it possible to sort both the matrix at the same time. (  If i sort 1st matrix it should apply for the second one also ) 

the purpose is i am not able to acheive adding columns like last week difference, avg , last - avg etc in single marix .. coz is getting added across all columns ... so trying to put one more matrix but sorting should apply for both matrix.

Mani1205_0-1593340042922.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Mani1205 - Not that I'm aware of. I'd love it if MS opened up some kind of JavaScript or other scripting language we could work with to drive these button click type events across our reports, but at the moment I just live with bookmarks.

Out of curiousity, what makes the bookmark idea unusable? Would be fairly quick and easy to setup.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI  @Mani1205 

To my knowledge, it could not achieve in power bi for now, you need to sort them separately.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kriscoupe
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Mani1205,

The only way I can think to do this is to set up bookmarks that are linked to only the 2 matrix visuals and set the bookmarks

• First bookmark when both are sorted ascending
  • 2nd bookmark when both are descending

Make sure to use the Selected Visuals options (highlight the 2 tables when creating the bookmark) on the bookmarks and only have the data item checked on the bookmark.

Then stick a couple of buttons above and assign these as an action.

Extra credit - You could get really fancy and have the 2 buttons layered on top of each other and set the visual properties of these to hidden or not when each is clicked, saving a bit of screen real estate.😉

Hope it helps

Kris

is there anyother way ?

@Mani1205 - Not that I'm aware of. I'd love it if MS opened up some kind of JavaScript or other scripting language we could work with to drive these button click type events across our reports, but at the moment I just live with bookmarks.

Out of curiousity, what makes the bookmark idea unusable? Would be fairly quick and easy to setup.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.