Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Egrofal
Helper I
Helper I

Sort table by date

Hi,

I am using Power Bi for my company, and have to create dashbord with several table sorted by date,

I got a date picker table and some other tables. And on these tables I would like to sort all my datas by date (ascending). For that I added a column date and sort the table by this column. But the problem is that I have ta add the date on all my tables, and it's not really usefull and would like to delete this column (but if I do that my table are not sort by date anymore). 

So my question is : Is-it possible to sort my table day the ascending date, even if I don't add this column in my tables ? 

Thanks for your help,

Valentin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So to help people who got the same problem, the best way to resolve it at the moment is to place the column on the right of the board, go to the focus mode and hide it on the left

On this way my table's tab looks like that :

Capture d’écran 2016-09-30 à 14.49.23.png

So Date is hiden, (you just see a small part of the tab)

It's not perfect, but I don't have any idea to do better...

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Egrofal
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I am using Power Bi for my company, and have to create dashbord with several table sorted by date,

I got a date picker table and some other tables. And on these tables I would like to sort all my datas by date (ascending). For that I added a column date and sort the table by this column. But the problem is that I have ta add the date on all my tables, and it's not really usefull and would like to delete this column (but if I do that my table are not sort by date anymore). 

So my question is : Is-it possible to sort my table day the ascending date, even if I don't add this column in my tables ? 

Thanks for your help,

Valentin

So, in theory you might be able to pull it off by setting the "Sort By Column" for one of your other columns to your Date field. Sort By is in the Modeling section of the ribbon.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.