Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThorenSvea

Sort problems text values, swedish characters

Hi!

Having a problem sorting text values in a matrix visual.

I'm listing cities and sales and whish to sort the list by city.

The column is sorted but swedish characters (åäö) are not sorted in alphabetical swedish correct order.

I have Swedish as regional setting under Options > Currect File > Locale, doesn't help.

Anyone have a solution?

Thank you!

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
JargerBiirli
Frequent Visitor

Now, five years down the line, I’m running into the same issue. Is it still not possible to make Power BI respect locale settings in alphabetical ordering? Recreating the report is not an option for me.

ThorenSvea

Super, thanks!

@ThorenSvea

I’ve got response from PBI team for it. To build the model with correct culture/language model settings, the user should install the appropriate version of the PBI-Desktop. So you need to install the Swedish(sv-SE) version of the PBI Desktop here. Please also note that the model/pbix file would likely need to be recreated as well.

https://www.microsoft.com/sv-SE/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Sort problems text values, swedish characters_1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@ThorenSvea

I have reproduced this issue. We will report it internally and post the updates.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.