Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yaso
Frequent Visitor

Sort month in custom order across a few years

Dear Power BI Gods and Goddesses, 

Please bestow your wisdom. I've looked far and wide to find no peace, so I turn to you. 

I would like to sort my months chronologically in a custom order - December 2016 to March 2018. Images will explain my predicament better, so have a look. 

This solution takes it far too literally - first 2 columns works great, then it reads 2017/10, then 2017/11, then 2017/2

MonthNumerical.png

Thi solution puts December 2016 after my November 2017. As a workaround, I've excluded December 2016 from report but not ideal. My data needs to be displayed from December 2016 to date.  

MonthText.png

Thanking you in advance for trying 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dilumd
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Yaso

You can sort one column based on another column,new.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Yaso,

Please try the solution @dilumd posted, more details, please review this article: Sort by column in Power BI Desktop. Please respond me if you have other issue, and I appreciate you to mark the useful reply as answer if you have resolved your problem.

Best Regards,
Angelia

dilumd
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Yaso

You can sort one column based on another column,new.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.