Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Applicable88
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sort matrix columns not after ABC but values with highes failure rate

Hello,

I have following table which is a simplified example what I get if I put my data into the matrix in PBI:

Department ADepartment BDepartment C Totals 
SoftwareDone   5 5 
 Undone   5 5
MachineryDone 31  4 
 Undone 31  4
TotalsDone 315 9 
 Undone 315 9

And my second question, is it also possible that I can sort the totals on the right side asc or desc, because there is no "Sorting by Totals" in the options of that Visual.
The columns are sort by ABC. Can it also be sort according to the Department with the highes Failurrate from left to right? So in this example Deparment C should be the first column followed by Department A and so fourth. 

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Applicable88 ,

You could create a new table contains the departments and create a calculate column which calculate the totals for the departments(5,4,9). Then create a relationship between this table and the original table and use the department in new table for the martix instead of the department in original table. At last, sort the department by the calculate total.

7.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Applicable88 ,

You could create a new table contains the departments and create a calculate column which calculate the totals for the departments(5,4,9). Then create a relationship between this table and the original table and use the department in new table for the martix instead of the department in original table. At last, sort the department by the calculate total.

7.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Applicable88 Why not just click the Totals column header in the matrix to sort it?

Greg_Deckler_0-1627581977296.png

For the column sorting, maybe use a Sort By column.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

The totals are the totals of every department. I know it sounds odd, but sorting according to the columns would give us quickly the department with the most failures. Since we have many columns, it does make sense. My example is also very simplified. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.