Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pierre-Se
Frequent Visitor

Sort filter criteria in page level filter descending

Is there a simple way to get a column (field) sorted descending by default so that when it is used as a page level filter the highest value (in my example date) is shown at the top?

I could of course sort by another column that works as an reverse sort column but I would like to avoid this workaround.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Pierre-Se ,

I'm afraid in page level filter there's no such option. However, you can create a slicer and select Sort descending.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tackytechtom
Super User
Super User

Hi folks, 

I came across here, when someone else in the Power BI forum asked the same question. I learned that custom sorting in the filter pane has become possible meanwhile. The filter pane will sort the members by the default sorting of the column. 

Before:

tomfox_0-1655749956071.png

Set up the sort by other column:

tomfox_1-1655750026645.png

After:

tomfox_2-1655750080043.png

Hope this helps someone 🙂

/Tom
https://www.tackytech.blog/
https://www.instagram.com/tackytechtom/

Did I answer your question➡️ Please, mark my post as a solution ✔️

Also happily accepting Kudos 🙂

Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn! linkedIn

#proudtobeasuperuser 

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Pierre-Se ,

I'm afraid in page level filter there's no such option. However, you can create a slicer and select Sort descending.

Capture.PNG 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft 

I already considered this but unfortunately my report page contains too many different filters to put them into slicers without taking too much space on the page.

For now I solved it with conditional columns in the data model that just take the date/month/year value *-1 but it is not a very elegant solution. I hope that as the new filter pane is still in preview there will be more advanced configuration available in the future.

@Pierre-Se 

I hope that as the new filter pane is still in preview there will be more advanced configuration available in the future.

Actually new filter pane will have more features in the future. You can submit your idea here to help improve power bi.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.