Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tulsi
Helper I
Helper I

Sort data

I'm using PowerBI desktop. My requirement is to get top 5 tasks  by month. I used the TOP N filtering for tasks and I got a graph like this.

Capture.PNG

I have to sort these tasks in a decreasing order by the time spent on them. Can anyone please help me with this one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

you want your barchart sort by mont on the x as. and then in a month sort desc from the task. 

sometimes yellow bar is first and sometimes the grey bar? 

i dont know if that is possbile. a sorting on the legend. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @tulsi

You will see ... symbol in the right top cornr of this chart, click on that and you will see "sort by task". Click on that to sort this by task.

Thanks

Raj

If I sort it by task then the order of the month changes and I don't want that to happen.

you want your barchart sort by mont on the x as. and then in a month sort desc from the task. 

sometimes yellow bar is first and sometimes the grey bar? 

i dont know if that is possbile. a sorting on the legend. 

Yeah I'm trying to sort the tasks in decreasing order by not changing the order of the months.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.