Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sort column with non-distinct values

Hi,

I have the data as below. Column2 is the display column and I want to sort it by Sort column. I am unable to sort as there are multiple columns with the same name There will always be only 1 template selected. Please let me know if we can achieve this in Power BI

TemplateColumn2Sort
Template1Value11
Template1Value22
Template1Value33
Template2Value21
Template2Value32

Thanks in Advance

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Sort column with non-distinct values

@Prashanth_M sort value for value 2 and value 3 is different in bottom two rows, if these have the same sort value, it will work. basically column you are sorting and the value you are sorting by should be unique

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Sort column with non-distinct values

@parry2k , Template + Column2 is a unique value as we always query only on 1 Template. The display column is only the Display Column

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors