Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sort by option not available in line chart

I am trying to show a count of weeks by weeks in descending order.  However, I do not get a sort option in the chart. I need to show the weeks on the x axis in descending order (10 .... 1)  Any help or guidance will be appreciated. Sample Data Images attached.

visual options.JPGVisual Example.JPGData Example.JPGVisual Example.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous click on the chart and go in the visualization options in x axis, change type from continuous to categorical.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Create a new measure for count of week numbers, then go to modelling tab and choose "sort by" to sort it by the required column,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Thanks for the quick response. I assume you meant a new column measure. Can you give me the exact formula for that column? (eg: week sort = ??) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I manually added a 2nd column to see if I could force a sort. Sorted week number by sort week. Sorted in different orders but still no luck. 

data example 2.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you post an excel file with the data or power bi file and I can tell you the issue quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous click on the chart and go in the visualization options in x axis, change type from continuous to categorical.

Click on the chart and go in the visualization options for the x axis ,Go to Format, X-Axis, change type from continuous to categorical.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Now I see the sort option appear. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.