Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sort by Day of Week

Hello,

I have a column that list a range of dates from 2013 - present. I was asked to analyze the data by each day of the week, for example, Monday would display specific information that occured just on every monday and the same for tuesday, etc. 

People have been pointing me to

WeekDay = WEEKDAY(Table[Date],2)

But it is not working. We are attempting to analyze the amount of tickets we recieve per day of the week and would like vizualize our busiest days. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Suppose your data table that lists a range of dates from 2013 to today is called "Table". Then, new a calculated column and type into this DAX formula: WeekDay = WEEKDAY(Table[Date],2)

1.PNG

The numer "2" determine the start weekday is Monday in a week. To help you understand the WEEKDAY function, please see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/weekday-function-dax

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

After adding a calculated column WeekDay = WEEKDAY(Table[Date],2), you should place [WeekDay] column and [tickets amount] column into a table visual. Choose "Sum" as its aggregation function, it will automatically sum up the ticket amounts sorted by each weekday.

For more advice, please provide some dummy data and show your expected result. How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msftThank you! WeekDay = WEEKDAY(Table[Date],2), Do I enter this as is? It seems to be having a problem with "TABLE". I am brand new to DAX. What is table refering to? Is the "2" refering to the number of a day of the week, "Tues = 2, Wed = 3 etc."?

Thank you and sorry for the beginner questions.

kyle

Hi @Anonymous,

Suppose your data table that lists a range of dates from 2013 to today is called "Table". Then, new a calculated column and type into this DAX formula: WeekDay = WEEKDAY(Table[Date],2)

1.PNG

The numer "2" determine the start weekday is Monday in a week. To help you understand the WEEKDAY function, please see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/weekday-function-dax

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.