Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sort by Column missing a column option

I have a Power BI file that is pulling in data from Sql Server through a custom sql query. I have a column [Office] that is a combination of integer and text and is a text column- ex: "22 - Mankato". I have extracted the integer at the beginning into a separate column [OfficeSort], through the sql query, and have formatted it as a whole number. I wish to sort the [Office] column by the [Office Sort] column. For some reason I can't figure out, that particular column is not showing as an option in the Sort by Column list of columns.

Has anyone run into this? I can't seem to find an example through the forum/google of this particular issue. As far as I can tell, it doesn't have to do with the data formats of each column, as other whole number columns seem to be available in the list to sort [Office] by.

(see below)

SortByColumn.png

10 REPLIES 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.