Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jvbs
Helper I
Helper I

Sort by Column Desc in Power BI

Hello, 

I have this matrix table which the columns are dynamic months.

a1cb9133-4cc2-441c-ab64-fd9a3f418bae.jpeg

As you can see, the data is in blank because it starts sorting by "asc" order, how can i change that to "desc"?

7 REPLIES 7
Hennadii
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @jvbs ,

Try to click on ... (three dots) in the top right - there should be a menu where you can choose an order.

Thanks for your response, @Hennadii , but in this case, it will order by the total column, instead of ordering desc by month column...

I want to see like this: 2020-06, 2020-05, 2020-04, etc...

@jvbs , there is Sort By in the bottom of that menu. Do you have there the Month column? If not, you can add a Month column in the tooltip section of the Matrix table, so after that it should be present under Sort By.

@Hennadii  could you send me a print of those steps? I cant find it here 😖

@jvbs , sorry for confusion, there is no Tooltip in the matrix (((
Try to use workaround mentioned here (after 2:44) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bp_e-ik7aA

@Hennadii it didnt work 😞

Let me try to explain ya in other way:

The video you’ve sent show how to sort the rows of a simple table object by using a hidden field.

What i’m trying to do is sort a column from a matrix visual object by using the column “Year-month (YYYY-MM)”

Some pics to illustrate my issue:

print_issue_pwbi.PNG

Hi @jvbs ,

Please look at this article. Hope it will help you.

The key point there is to use Sort By Column feature by some additional column which can be called Order.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.