Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shirin
Frequent Visitor

Sort alphabetically or numerically

Hi,
I have a stacked bar chart, by default char is sorted alphabetically . Base on this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-change-sort#sort-alphabetically-or-numer...  I know what shoud i do if I wants to change from alphabetically to numerical. My Issue is I created Clear Filter button to clean all the filters after applying. Unfortiuntly, it also clean my settings from numerically and I get the chart with sort alphabetically. What should I do to keep my sort numerically setting on my chart?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the detailed answer, @shirin .

I suspect that the bookmark was created *before* you sorted the visual to your liking.

Please click on the bookmark, sort the stack bar as it should - and then - click on the update option in the bookmark.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
shirin
Frequent Visitor

Oh, It worked.
Thank you so much.😍

shirin
Frequent Visitor

Hi David,
I took these steps to create the Clear Filters button : 

1- Bookmarks --> Add--> Clear Filters ( I put as name) and for more options(...) Data, Display, Current page, All visuals have a check mark. 

2 - In the Format shape ( I created the button with a rectangle) In Action ---> Type : Bookmark, Bookmark: Clear Filters.

I hope it can be helpful.

Thanks for the detailed answer, @shirin .

I suspect that the bookmark was created *before* you sorted the visual to your liking.

Please click on the bookmark, sort the stack bar as it should - and then - click on the update option in the bookmark.

David-Ganor
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @shirin,

Does the clear filter button initiate a bookmark where you cleared all filters?

Please provide more details if not so please.

David

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.