Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sort a legend by y axis instead of x axis

Does anyone know how I can sort the legend in the Quadrant chart visual to sort by y-axis, instead of x-axis? So that the legend show highest-lowest values of the y-axis. 

Thanks for your help!

7 REPLIES 7
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can refer the content in the following links to achieve it:

How to modify the legend order in power bi

Customize the Legend Order in Power BI - Stacked Column Chart

If the above ones are not applicable for your scenario, please provide some sample data(exclude sensitive data) and your expected result with specific examples. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I don't think this is what I need. I am using the quadrant chart, and the x-axis is amount of sales, the y-axis is the amount of money earned. The legend is the person the data is refering to. Right now, the legend shows the person with the most sales, and I would like it to show the person with the most money earned. Does that make more sense?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please select the legend field and click Sort by column to select Y axies field just as shown in below screenshot:

yingyinr_1-1619600879630.png

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Anonymous
Not applicable

hm

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get an error code that says:

we can't sort the (legend field) column by (y-axis field). There can't be more than one value in (y-axis feild) for the same value in (legend field). Please choose a different column for sorting or update the data in (y-axis field). 

Is there another way to do this, if my data has more than one value for the legend field?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry that I didn't find a good solution. I refer the following blog to create a custom legend in the sample pbix file, please check whether that is what you want.

Want a custom LEGEND for your Power BI visual? WATCH THIS!

yingyinr_0-1619685366333.png

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.