Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hifni
Frequent Visitor

Sort Table Data on a field which is not in Table Visual

Hi There!

I am seeking your assistance with this.

I have a Table which has fields namely F1, F2 & F3

I have placed a Table Visual on my Power BI report and only have fields: F2 and F3 in its fields list. However, I would like to show the data in the Table Visual sorted with field: F1; which is not in the Field List of the Table visual (I dont want to show the data in Field: F1 but only need to sort it). How can I do it?

Seems like I have to place the field: F1 into the Table Visual to be sorted accordingly. Is there any way I can achieve my objective??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@hifni , Based on what I get, You need to make F1 as a sort column for F2 or F3. That can only happen if there are sat the same granularity. One value for each value on both sides.

if yes refer :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column

example

Sort Month.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@hifni , Based on what I get, You need to make F1 as a sort column for F2 or F3. That can only happen if there are sat the same granularity. One value for each value on both sides.

if yes refer :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column

example

Sort Month.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.