Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axiomite
Helper I
Helper I

Sort Rows desc in a matrix by measure with positive and negative values

Hi

I would like to know how you can sort rows descending based on the results obtained by a measure. It works fine if I change the Matrix to a table. However, in a matrix the value (%) seems to ignore the (-) sign. I tried removing the subtotal but it does not make a difference. 

Screenshot 2021-06-18 123544.jpg
Most solutions I have seen all refer to columns or going into power query, but havent been lucky enough to a solution for the above. 

Best Regards,
Axiomite

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I figured out I cannot filter the way I want in a Matrix when there is more than one row. It is almost the same as not being able to filter on a pivot. Nevertherless, the client accepted a table visuals, thus no subtotals. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
daxer
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

We need a file with this issue inside to actually be able to troubleshoot.

thanks for your reply, I figured out I cannot filter the way I want in a Matrix when there is more than one row. It is almost the same as not being able to filter on a pivot. Nevertherless, the client accepted a table visuals, thus no subtotals. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Axiomite , Are you also using a column, if now, can you try to resort to using three dots. If you use column, it will sort only on column grand total

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin

Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!

I figured out I cannot filter the way I want in a Matrix when there is more than one row. It is almost the same as not being able to filter on a pivot. Nevertherless, the client accepted a table visuals, thus no subtotals. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.