Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Axiomite
Resolver II
Resolver II

Sort Rows desc in a matrix by measure with positive and negative values

Hi

I would like to know how you can sort rows descending based on the results obtained by a measure. It works fine if I change the Matrix to a table. However, in a matrix the value (%) seems to ignore the (-) sign. I tried removing the subtotal but it does not make a difference. 

Screenshot 2021-06-18 123544.jpg
Most solutions I have seen all refer to columns or going into power query, but havent been lucky enough to a solution for the above. 

Best Regards,
Axiomite

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I figured out I cannot filter the way I want in a Matrix when there is more than one row. It is almost the same as not being able to filter on a pivot. Nevertherless, the client accepted a table visuals, thus no subtotals. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We need a file with this issue inside to actually be able to troubleshoot.

thanks for your reply, I figured out I cannot filter the way I want in a Matrix when there is more than one row. It is almost the same as not being able to filter on a pivot. Nevertherless, the client accepted a table visuals, thus no subtotals. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Axiomite , Are you also using a column, if now, can you try to resort to using three dots. If you use column, it will sort only on column grand total

I figured out I cannot filter the way I want in a Matrix when there is more than one row. It is almost the same as not being able to filter on a pivot. Nevertherless, the client accepted a table visuals, thus no subtotals. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.