Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sort Orden Barchart

I made a identity table with an index column so that I can sort the column by the index I defined. However, it seems to work on tables but not on any other visual. When I choose any other visual it is not order by the index but by alphabetical order.  I already set the column GYP 1 to be sorted by index so that is why it works on the table. 

DataScientistR_0-1617053892804.png

DataScientistR_3-1617054214046.png

DataScientistR_2-1617054124790.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I cannot access the original link any longer.  The sort order will not transfer from table to table, the index needs to be on the table with the field you want to use in the visuals.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Is your problem been solved? There seems to be no problem with the sorting of the data.

If you have other questions, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-janeyg-msft  @jdbuchanan71 

I am sorry. The version I shared had the column GyP from another original table. Thing is that I added the index in the original table to make it work but I would like to know why it does not work when I use the column from the identity table. 

I have updated the file. I would appreacite if you could go over it one more time.

Thanks!!!

I cannot access the original link any longer.  The sort order will not transfer from table to table, the index needs to be on the table with the field you want to use in the visuals.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

When I open your file it looks like they are sorted in the order you want or am I crazy?

jdbuchanan71_0-1617128476029.png

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Is the GYP field in your chart from the summary table with the sort on it?  If you select the table visual, the one that sorts correctely, and just change it to a bar chart, what happens?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdbuchanan71 

Yeah I am selecting the column from my identity table and I already try change from table (where it works) to barchart and it is sorted alphabetically 

Any chance you can share your .pbix file (post it on drop box and link it here)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.