Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sort Data on Graph by last 7 days. Day & Month shown

Hi,

I'm trying to show the last 7 days of sales. The time period is at the beginning of the month and I want the day to be all the way on the right and the ending of the previous month to be on the left. I've been thinking of setting up a category of months with the days in them but I don't know how to do it.

Please help,
Charlie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi cohughe23,

You could try to click this button instead of "go to next level", it will show result like below

327.PNG

Or you could create calculated columns like below 

year = sort[date].[Year]
monthno = sort[date].[MonthNo] 
monthname = sort[date].[Month]
day = sort[date].[Year]& sort[date].[Month]&sort[date].[Day]
Then set day sort by date and monthname sort by monthno, then design chart like below and when you click on "get to next level", it wil show like below
328.PNG329.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi cohughe23, 

I don't understand your requirement, if possible, could you please explain this ofr me in details(he time period is at the beginning of the month and I want the day to be all the way on the right and the ending of the previous month to be on the left. I've been thinking of setting up a category of months with the days in them)? If possible, could you please inform me your sample data and expecting output? Then I will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've attached the images. As you can see it is in order by month and if I drill down in the month it will be organised by day but it will miss the days of the other month.

The second image is both the days combined but the 2nd of September is on the left and it looks as if it has occured before August. I don't know what the best resolution is. Let me know if you would like to see the table but it has date formatting in the column.

Zoe any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Charlie

image.pngimage.png

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi cohughe23,

You could try to click this button instead of "go to next level", it will show result like below

327.PNG

Or you could create calculated columns like below 

year = sort[date].[Year]
monthno = sort[date].[MonthNo] 
monthname = sort[date].[Month]
day = sort[date].[Year]& sort[date].[Month]&sort[date].[Day]
Then set day sort by date and monthname sort by monthno, then design chart like below and when you click on "get to next level", it wil show like below
328.PNG329.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.