Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mpribadi07
Regular Visitor

Sort By Month and Year in Matrix + Line Chart

Hi everyone,

Appreciate if you can offer some help for my problem below. I am relatively new to Power BI and can definitely use some of your wisdoms. 

I would like to re-create the pivot table as below in Power BI and can't figure out how to make the column sort by Year + Month and also how to make the Line chart per row as shown below:

Jason.PNG

Really appreciate any help that you can give me on this problem. Thank you!! 

-Marsha 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mpribadi07 

Not sure what your data looks like. For the first question, you can add a month number column to your table and sort month name column by month number column. Put year and month name columns into a matrix visual and click expand icon on upper right of the visual to expand the columns. Reference for matrix visual.

020405.jpg

For the second question, here are two blogs about sparklines that may be helpful.

SVG Sparklines - Line - Microsoft Power BI Community

Adding Sparklines to the Table and Matrix Visual (... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Kindly let me know if this helps.
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mpribadi07 

Not sure what your data looks like. For the first question, you can add a month number column to your table and sort month name column by month number column. Put year and month name columns into a matrix visual and click expand icon on upper right of the visual to expand the columns. Reference for matrix visual.

020405.jpg

For the second question, here are two blogs about sparklines that may be helpful.

SVG Sparklines - Line - Microsoft Power BI Community

Adding Sparklines to the Table and Matrix Visual (... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Kindly let me know if this helps.
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.