Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

robofski
Resolver II
Resolver II

Sorry you don't have access to publish to this workspace

I've been getting the following message on occasion recently

Capture.JPG

I'm publishing to my own workspace and just publishing again it usually works just fine, it's just that it's a large dataset (around 100MB PBIX) and it seems to fail near the end of the upload process so it's effectivly doubling the time taken to publish.

Anyone else seen it or have any suggestions?

13 REPLIES 13
BT2021Pru

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue since yesterday when I tried publishing my PBIX files to workspaces I own or even My Workspace.

BT2021Pru_0-1641433213812.png

I have a Pro license from my company and my colleagues also failed to publish. Since my IT team doesn't seem to have anyone to support us on Power BI, I am wondering if there are tips about what they could do to troubleshoot this.

I also tried uploading a very simple PBIX (with only one Card visual, and one table with one column and one row of data) by the Get Data option online and it also failed if it's a Local File. 

BT2021Pru_1-1641433332060.png

It would be great if someone could help...thanks a lot!

Regards

Benson

wlopezm
Regular Visitor

I had the same error message and the solution that works in my case was to update the On-Premises Data Gateway. During the publishing process Power BI Desktop validates if a gateway is required to connect to the data source. It seems to be that the validation has a problem when the gateway is an older version. In my case, june 2018 gateway version. After I update the gateway to the latest version, the error message disappears and the report publication was successful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to put your dataset on Onedrive bussines and import your data set from there. This helped in my case

Bastian_B
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have the same issue. When I use a pbix file with a Live Connection to SSAS Tabular I always get an error when I publish the report. When only one Gateway is available for that connection, I can still see and use the report in the service. When there are more Gateways available for this datasource, the report is available in the Service, but with the error message, that the datasource is not configured correctly. Probably because I don't get to the dialog box to select a gateway when I publish the report for the Power BI Desktop.

When I use an Old Workspace the publishing and the report is working fine.

Please fix that issue, before the new App workspace is out of Preview and GA.

BR,

Bastian

I am having the same problem "Sorry, you don't have access to publish to this workspace".

I am the "owner" they are asking me to contact. It's a standard Power BI Pro subscription.

My dataset is a simple Direct Query to Azure SQL Database.

The dataset (empty I presume) and the reports appear to be published as intended.

But the error message bugs me, I'm at the start of a three month project and need to be assured I can publish frequently.

I've verified Azure credentials.

Experiencing similar issue. Also a live connection and works perfectly fine with an Old Workspace.

JoeFox
Advocate II
Advocate II

For me the issue was that I didn't have the 'Power BI Pro license'. As I was trying to publish to a workspace other than my own workspace, I was effectively trying to 'Share' my dashboard which isn't available with the free license.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @robofski

Go to http://app.powerbi.com and then after you log in, click Get Data box on the lower left hand side and use “Files->Local file” entry to upload your PBIX file, then check if the issue still occurs.
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft  That option failed, but perhaps I didn't give it long enough, there is no indication it's actually doing anything so after 30 minutes I published via the desktop app (which this time worked OK) and then I received an error from the Power BI site that it was unable to upload.

Hi @robofski,

Could you please post the full error message? Also could you please share me the PBIX file so that I can reproduce?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I ´m having the same problem. I´m posting the full message, please see next link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzOkc3lpOKFhVjYtc0pSdTU3cnM/view?usp=sharing

Could you help me? 

Hi @Dreamer_Argento,

I haven't found a solution to the problem, I only experience the issue when I try and upload a large PBIX file, I've never seen it with smaller files.  Also a second attempt has always been successful for me.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for your help @robofskia second attempt was successful for me too. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.