Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prabha45
Helper III
Helper III

Something's wrong with one or more fields - Template

Hi Everyone,

When I open a Power bi template and selecting a parameter in the list. I can see the data is loaded, but there is no data in the visuals in report view.
Error in each visual - Something's wrong with one or more fields. see details.
when I click on see details, it shows - Fields that need to be fixed ( Fields which are added in the visual ).

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Prabha45
Helper III
Helper III

Hi 
Thanks for the response.

When I open a Power BI Template, it will ask for a parameter. I selected one of the parameter listed and a popup appears where I see all the rows are loaded but there is no data in the visuals.

As I said earlier, Data is not included in the template. Template is a preset format which you can use again and again. Visuals, Models and Parameters are included in the template. You have to load the data separatly.

Refer the link I shared previously for better understanding.

If I answered your question, mark my response as a Solution. Appreciate your KUDOS! (To Like, or Kudo a post, click the yellow thumbs up box in the bottom right corner.)

I am using a parameter to load the data into the template and  can see the all the data is loaded.

Once the data is loaded you need to remove the fields from the visuals and add them again. The visuals might not be loading due to different field names.

If I answered your question, mark my response as a Solution. Appreciate your KUDOS! (To Like, or Kudo a post, click the yellow thumbs up box in the bottom right corner.)

No, Every field is having same naming convention I can see it in the fields pane. 

Check your filter pane, this can be an issue with filters.

Checked. No filters are present.

HI @Prabha45,

Any filter that applies to these query tables or any advanced option (include in the refresh, enabled load...)turn off? Please share some more detail to help us clarify your scenario and troubleshoot.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
AnamPatel
Resolver II
Resolver II

Data is not included in Power BI Template.

Power BI report templates contain the following information from the report from which they were generated:

• Report pages, visuals, and other visual elements
  • The data model definition, including the schema, relationships, measures, and other model definition artifacts
  • All query definitions, such as queries, Query Parameters, and other query elements.

Refer this link for more details -

Create and use report templates in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.