Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KyrinMistry
Frequent Visitor

Some visuals not appearing when exporting to PDF

I'm having trouble with some visuals not appearing when I export the report to PDF.

For the past few months I have been creating reports in Power BI and plublishing them to the Power BI Online Service. From the Power BI Online Service I export the report to a PDF, however recently I have stumbled accross an issue where specific visuals do not appear in some of the pages but do appear in other pages of the exported PDF - this is the first time I'm experiencing this problem. I encounter the same problem when I export to PDF from Power BI Desktop.

My report is set up in the following way:

• One Summary Tab with bookmark buttons that link to the Detail Tabs
  • Multiple Detail Tabs

The Summary Tab and the Multiple Detail Tabs share the exact same visuals that are now sometimes not appearing. I have added a few images below to help describe my problem - I had to pixelate the images as the data in sensitive. 

Here is the summary tab in which the red boxes show the visuals that I am having problems with and the yellow boxes are bookmark buttons that link to a specific detail tab - Snapshot from Power BI Service.

Summary Tab with visuals shown within the red boxes and a bookmark button shown in the yellow boxesSummary Tab with visuals shown within the red boxes and a bookmark button shown in the yellow boxes

Here is part of a detail tab where some of the same visuals do not appear - Snapshot from the exported PDF.

A Detail Tab with the same visual as the Summary Tab but with the visual not appearing in the red boxes (this is the problem)A Detail Tab with the same visual as the Summary Tab but with the visual not appearing in the red boxes (this is the problem)

Here is a part of a detail tab where the visuals do appear - Snapshot from Power BI Service.

A Detail Tab with the same visual as the Summary Tab - visuals are seen in the red boxesA Detail Tab with the same visual as the Summary Tab - visuals are seen in the red boxes

These are the things that I have already tried to do but I still get the same error where these visuals do not appear in the exported PDF:

• Export to PDF directly from Power BI Desktop instead of the online Power BI Service
  • Reinstall Power BI desktop
  • Publish and export the report from another machine with a different Microsoft account
  • Roll back the data within the report to a period where I wasn't having a problem exporting to a PDF

One thing that I do notice is that these visuals take longer than the others to appear when the report is refreshed. I am assuming that as Power BI exports each tab, the specific visuals are not appearing in time before the PDF is created.

These visuals are made from measures. I have added the DAX code for one of the visuals here:

Current MDP Baseline Date =
VAR MDPBaselineDate = LOOKUPVALUE(OverallProgress[MDP_Baseline_Date],OverallProgress[Dashboard_Date], [Selected Dashboard Date],OverallProgress[User_ID],[Selected User])
RETURN
IF(ISBLANK(MDPBaselineDate),"-",FORMAT(MDPBaselineDate,"DD-MMM-YYYY"))

Could my DAX code be causing this problem due to it taking longer to load the visual?

If anyone could help me with this that would be really apprecaited.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It was on the support page with an ETA of yesterday, and seems to be working when I've tested it this morning, so hopefully others will find similar.

Thanks,

Mark

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Rishika_Bisht

I'm also facing the issue regarding exporting of visual while fetching the pdf from the report I'm getting the error that visual does not support exporting this is the dual card for which i'm getting this . Can anyone help with this

Screenshot 2024-02-05 033302.png

KyrinMistry
Frequent Visitor

Hi Everyone,

@ab5811 Yes most of my visuals are fine apart from this specific custom visual. I have had this issue since yesterday.

@rajulshah Yes the problem is occuring with a custom visual used for KPIs - this is the one I'm having problems with:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381083?tab=Overview

@mpwilliamson I do hope its a bug as the only workaround I have had is to export each tab seperately on their own from Power BI Desktop.

Hello @KyrinMistry ,

Yes, some of the custom visuals work like that. It's the issue of the custom visuals only.

Hi @rajulshah is this something that you think Power BI will fix soon? These custom visuals were appearing perfectly fine in exported PDFs last week.

I am sorry @KyrinMistry , I don't know whether Power BI will fix it sooner or later.

Are Microsoft aware of the problem or does it need to be logged?

It was on the support page with an ETA of yesterday, and seems to be working when I've tested it this morning, so hopefully others will find similar.

Thanks,

Mark

Just tried it and its now working successfully. Thanks for the update Mark.

Yes I've just tried it now and its working properly.

rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello @KyrinMistry , 

Are you using Custom visuals in your report?

Hi everyone,

I'm seeing similar with reports for various clients using certified custom visuals which were working until today, and now just export as blank space on the report when exporting to PPT/PDF from Power BI service.  It looks like a bug to me, hopefully can be quickly sorted.

Mark

ab5811

I'm having the same issue. 

Some visuals are fine but others have no output at all. This has only happened overnight

The same issue is occurring when exporting to powerpoint as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.