Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mmerchak
Advocate II
Advocate II

Some matrix values are showing as blanks unless filtered

This is the first time I have run into this error. In the matrix visual some of the values are showing as blank, even when they are not. The totals show up just fine. This matrix has two row values, shown in a hierarchical drill down so that both row values are visible.  Once I filter down to one of the first row values, the data appears in the cells. What is going on? Is the data set to big? The main dataset in question is around 500K rows.

The values are not appearing in the cells, but there are totalsThe values are not appearing in the cells, but there are totalsOnce the visual is filtered, the values now appear in the cells.Once the visual is filtered, the values now appear in the cells.

Note this is not the entire matrix, just a sample. The whole matrix has 12 sections of about this size.

4 REPLIES 4
mmerchak
Advocate II
Advocate II

After digging in further, I have noticed that when I uncheck the "Show items with no data" option then everything shows up correctly. So I guess it might just be some bug of some sort. I'll see if it goes away after downloading this month's update. If not I will try to upload a sample.

Also when I go from a graph to a matrix the issue does not happen.

It's so strange!

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I am not mistaken, I am having the exact same problem.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Matrix-Missing-Values/m-p/552513#M260056

I was also able to fix it with the same solution you mentioned, but I didn't want to go that route.  

Were you able to find another solution without unchecking the "Show items with no data"?

This is the same issue!! It is so strange.

I haven't been able to find a fix to it. (I thought I had found something before but it is not working now).

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the time to create a version to upload so people can look at it.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @mmerchak

I have tested on my side, but not reproduce the issue.

If possible, please share sample pbix file for us, You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.